Connecting Your Binance Account to CryptoTrader.Tax
CryptoTrader.Tax only needs "Read" or "View" access to import your trade history. This does not give access to your private keys nor the ability to move your funds. Learn more about API access in this article here.
1. Login to your Binance account and select “Manage” your API from the homepage.
2. Name your new API key and click “Create”. You will be prompted with SMS and Email verification.
3. Scroll down to your new API key and select “Edit Restrictions”. Uncheck “Enable Trading” — CryptoTrader.Tax only requires read only access to your account. Click save.
4. Paste your API key and API secret into CryptoTrader.Tax and click “Import Trades”
Uploading A Binance CSV File to CryptoTrader.Tax
You also have the option to import your Binance transaction history using the Binance CSV export file.
1. Login to your Binance account
2. Select "Exchange Orders" from the Orders drop down.
3. Select the "Trade History" tab
4. Select "Export Complete Trade History" from the bottom right.
5. Use the Custom Range option to export CSV files in three month increments. For each year of trading, export 4 reports with the following date ranges:
January 1st > March 31st
April 1st > June 30th
July 1st > September 30th
October 1st > December 31st